Sustaining an injury on the job can not only leave you in pain, but also with a lot of questions regarding your rights. Fortunately, there are workers’ compensation lawyers who can answer questions you may have about compensation for your injuries. Choosing the right workers’ compensation attorney to represent you is critical in getting the full compensation you deserve for your injuries. If you have been injured on the job, here is what you need to know.
Preparing to Meet with a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Before meeting with a workers’ compensation lawyer, you should gather important documents. Important documents include:
- Medical records
- Written reports about your injury
- Correspondence from your employer or from their insurance company about your claim
- Contact information of the people who witnessed your accident
Questions to Ask Your Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
It is normal to have what can seem like a million different worries after you have been injured in a work-related accident, especially if your ability to work has been compromised. Here are a few questions you should ask your worker’ compensation lawyer to help put your mind at ease:
- How many workers’ comp cases do you handle? This is a very important question because the more work injury cases your lawyer has handled, the better your chances are of winning your case. General practice lawyers may not have the same level of workers’ compensation knowledge as a lawyer who specializes in this specific category of law.
- How many clients have you represented with injuries that are like mine? It is always beneficial to find a lawyer with experience with the type of injury that you have suffered. A lawyer specializing in your type of injury gives you a greater chance of getting you benefits.
- If my injury was my fault, will it have a negative impact on my claim? There are a few exceptions, but Pennsylvania is a “no fault” state, meaning that it does not matter if you were at fault for your injury. If you were injured on the job, you are likely eligible for compensation. The exceptions being if you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol when the injury occurred.
- What should I say to my doctor? The best thing to do when talking to your doctor is to tell the truth about how your injury occurred.
- What benefits can I receive? It is only natural to be curious about what types of workers’ comp benefits you can receive. Depending on the type and severity of your injuries you may be eligible for more than just medical and wage benefits. You may also be eligible for partial permanent disability benefits and more.
- What if my employer asks me to work outside my restrictions? Before returning to work a plan should be put into place between you, your lawyer and your employer so that everyone knows what your restrictions are.
Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Attorneys at Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C. Represent Clients Injured in Work-Related Accidents
If you were injured in a work-related accident, contact a Philadelphia workers’ compensation attorney at Larry Pitt & Associates. P.C. Our experienced lawyers will work tirelessly to recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries. For a free consultation, contact us online or by phone at 888-PITT-LAW.
We proudly represent injured workers in Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County and throughout Pennsylvania including those in the communities of Abington, Ambler, Ardmore, Bala Cynwyd, Bensalem, Clifton Heights, Crum Lynne, Darby, Downingtown, Doylestown, Drexel Hill, Essington, Folcroft, Glenolden, Haverford, Havertown, Holmes, Kutztown, Lansdowne, Media, Merion Station, Morton, Narberth, Norristown, Norwood, Philadelphia, Prospect Park, Quakertown, Reading, Roxborough, Sharon Hill, Upper Darby, West Chester, and Wynnewood.