LP Wont quit

42+ Years of Serving Injured Workers in Pennsylvania



For Injured Workers

Am I Entitled to Workers’ Compensation Benefits?

The Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act Provides Medical and Wage Loss Benefits to Most Injured Workers

The Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act ensures medical and wage loss benefits for all individuals working in the state, with certain exceptions, including:

  • Certain agricultural workers
  • Casual employees
  • Domestic employees
  • Longshoremen
  • Railroad employees
  • Shipyard and harbor workers

Federal employees, shipyard and harbor workers, and railroad workers have workers’ compensation rights under other legislation. Agricultural workers are eligible for coverage benefits if their employer pays one agricultural worker wages equal to or greater than $1,200, or employs one agricultural labor employee for 30 or more days in the span of one calendar year. In addition, contractors are responsible for paying compensation benefits to the employees of any uninsured sub-contractor.

At Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C., we can help you understand how the laws might affect your claim. We understand every nuance of the Act and have successfully represented clients in all industries pursue claims. When you have questions, you can rely on our experienced workers’ compensation lawyers to get you the answers.


Contact Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C. for More Information Regarding Workers’ Compensation Benefits

For the last 40 years, the Philadelphia law firm of Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C. has helped injured workers get the benefits they need to start their recovery. If you have questions about your eligibility for workers’ compensation in PA, or if you wish to schedule a free consultation with us, please call 888-PITT-LAW or fill out the contact form for more information about workers’ compensation. Larry Pitt & Associates helps throughout:

Eligibility and Benefits

Because the laws are so complex, it can be difficult to really understand how they might affect you. Some questions and concerns tend to pop up a lot. When people come to our firm for legal counsel, they tend to ask about:

  • Pre-existing conditions. If you have a pre-existing or underlying condition that is aggravated or becomes worse due to a work accident, you are entitled to compensation benefits.
  • Occupational disease. In addition to receiving benefits for workplace injuries, you are also eligible for compensation if you suffer an illness because of exposure to chemicals, fumes, or other hazardous substances in the course of your employment.

Psychological injuries, such as those resulting from workplace stress, may also be covered, although proving such claims is very difficult.

  • Employer health care providers. An employer may require an injured employee to choose a health care provider from a designated list and receive treatment from that provider for an initial 90 day period. In order for this rule to take effect, however, the employer must properly post a list and give written notice to employees of their medical treatment rights before any injury occurs.
  • Specific Loss benefits. An injured worker who loses a body part through amputation, or loses a bodily function such as hearing or vision, may be eligible for specific loss benefits in addition to wage loss benefits.
  • Death benefits. If a worker dies due to a work injury within 300 weeks of the date of the injury, his or her family and dependents may have the right to receive weekly benefits and money for burial expenses.

What Our Clients Say