LP Wont quit

42+ Years of Serving Injured Workers in Pennsylvania



For Injured Workers

Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Haverford, PA

Need WC Application Help? Let Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Haverford, PA Help You

larry pit

The Law Offices of Larry Pitt & Associates is your dedicated and experienced choice for a workers’ compensation lawyer in Haverford, PA. We will fight for the compensation you deserve.

A workplace accident or work-related illness could result in serious physical, emotional, and financial harm to hardworking people and their families. While Pennsylvania has a comprehensive set of workers’ compensation laws to help workers and their families, that does not mean that the process is necessarily an easy one. This is particularly true if you have been seriously injured and suffered catastrophic, disabling, or permanent injuries. Further, while the benefits system is intended to be a “no-fault” system, many employers, adjusters, and even the assigned doctors may try to limit or minimize your claim. Do not let this happen to you. Let our workers’ compensation lawyers in Haverford, PA, help you and your family.

Our compassionate and experienced workers’ comp lawyer can help you:

  • Properly and timely submit a claim to an employer and an application to the WC insurance carrier
  • Obtain, compile, and submit the relevant medical evidence to support your application
  • Respond to questions from the WC adjuster, including requests for further documentation
  • Retain experts when necessary to help support your claim, including medical, vocational, and economic experts
  • Support your claim with legal briefs and memoranda
  • Represent you at a hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ)
  • Properly and timely file an appeal
  • Protect your rights in court
  • Handle any other aspect of your WC claim that you may need assistance with.


Do You Need Help Filing a WC Claim in Pennsylvania? Ask Our Workers’ Comp Lawyers in Haverford, PA Can Help You

Although workers’ compensation laws are meant to make it easier for injured workers to recover lost wages and medical bills, that is not always the case. If your claim was undervalued or if your claim was denied, call Larry Pitt & Associates to schedule a FREE consultation with our workers’ compensation lawyers in Haverford, PA. Our compassionate team is ready and waiting to work with you and your family to recover the compensation you may be entitled to under Pennsylvania law. To get started with our WC law firm, call (888)-PITT-LAW or (877) 748-8529, or send us a message on our easy-to-use contact us box available here.

How Do I Know I am Covered By Workers’ Compensation Laws?

Nearly all workers are covered by workers’ compensation laws in Pennsylvania. This includes part-time, temporary, seasonal, or any other individuals working for an employer. Unlike some other types of insurance, workers’ comp insurance starts immediately and there is no waiting period. This means that it starts on the first day of your employment and continues through your very last day as you leave.

Can I Sue My Employer for Negligence if I Was Hurt at Work

No, in most instances, an employee entitled to workers’ compensation benefits is prohibited from commencing an action against an employer. This is called an “exclusive remedy” and applies even if the employer was obviously negligent.

However, there are exceptions. For instance, if your employer failed to carry WC insurance or failed to submit or file your workers’ compensation claim to the insurance carrier, you may be entitled to file a lawsuit against your employer.

Additionally, if an employer did something so inherently dangerous that it was almost guaranteed to cause you serious injury or death, you may be entitled to file a lawsuit against your employer. These types of cases are very rare and difficult to prove, which is why a workers’ comp lawyer in Haverford, PA, is your best chance to recover compensation in these instances.

Can I Sue a Third-Party for Negligence if I File Workers’ Comp Claims?

Yes, you may be entitled to commence a third-party action for negligence against another party responsible for your injuries in some instances. There are many rules and exceptions to this. However, you may be entitled to recover compensation for certain negligent actions by certain parties. For instance, if you were injured on a large piece of machinery that was defective, negligently built, or improperly maintained by the service company, you may be entitled to file a lawsuit against that company.

What Our Clients Say