42+ Years of Serving Injured Workers in Pennsylvania
For Injured Workers
Choosing the Right Workers’ Compensation Attorney
How to Find an Attorney After You Have Been Injured on the Job
If you are injured on the job in Pennsylvania, you have the legal right to collect compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and in some cases, additional benefits. But while the law is on the side of injured workers, getting the money to which you are entitled is not necessarily a foregone conclusion. When filing your claim, if certain procedures and deadlines are not followed, you could lose your right to benefits.
For these reasons, it is important to consult with a qualified workers’ compensation lawyer if you become sick or injured at work. We can make sure that your claim is filed on time and in the proper manner and also that the compensation you receive is fair and appropriate.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION WITH LARRY PITT
Contact the Experienced Legal Team at Larry Pitt & Associates for Help
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we have helped protect injured workers in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas for the last 35 years. To sit down and talk with our workers’ compensation attorneys, please fill out our contact form or call 888-PITT-LAW to schedule a free consultation. Larry Pitt & Associates helps those who live throughout:
Where to Look for a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
When beginning your search for a workers’ compensation attorney, there are several places you can look:
- The Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA): The PBA offers a lawyer referral service that can help you locate attorneys that handle workers’ compensation in Pennsylvania.
- Local yellow pages: Many lawyers advertise their services in the yellow pages. While this provides no guarantee of experience or credentials, it is a good starting point.
- Personal referrals: Talk to friends, family, co-workers, and others in your community who have hired a workers’ compensation lawyer. You should not base your decision solely on the recommendation of another person, but this is another good place to begin your search.
How to Select a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Once you explore the available workers’ comp attorneys in your area and you have developed a shortlist potential candidates, your next move should be to schedule an initial consultation so that you may evaluate each one more carefully. When doing so, it is important to keep the following in mind:
- Chemistry: A lawyer you do not feel comfortable speaking with is probably not a good choice — no matter how strong his or her credentials.
- Communication: As with any relationship, there should be excellent communication between you and a lawyer, who should be easy to get in touch with and promptly answer any questions you have. Also, your attorney should be able to discuss your case and applicable laws in a way that you can understand.
- Trust: Even though you may not know very much about the law, you can still trust your ability to judge the character of another person. Your lawyer should show genuine concern for you and your case. They should not seem as though they are trying to push their services on you. Sometimes, a client only needs help with a few aspects of the law and can handle the rest on his or her own. A lawyer who insists you need services beyond what you are looking for may be out to make a quick buck.