42+ Years of Serving Injured Workers in Pennsylvania
For Injured Workers
Injured HAZMAT Workers
Protecting the Rights of Those Who Work With Dangerous Substances Every Day
Some industries are simply more dangerous than others, and employees who work with hazardous materials are at risk of serious injury simply because of what they do. Yet without HAZMAT workers, no one would be truly safe. They remove the dangerous materials from our living spaces and offices, ensure that dangerous chemicals are transported safely across the country and ensure that medical waste and other such dangers are properly disposed of. They risk occupational exposure every day, along with the dangers ever other industry faces when its team is constantly on the move.
At Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C., we are proud to represent employees whose jobs put them in contact with HAZMAT every single day. When you work with a workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm, you are working with a lawyer who truly understands what challenges you face, and what help you will need after a serious injury or medical condition has affected how you live. We fight for your future, so you can focus on your recovery.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION WITH LARRY PITT
Our Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Counsel Workers Injured by Hazardous Materials
You do not have to suffer through an injury or serious illness alone. Larry Pitt & Associates will be by your side, just as we have been by the sides of HAZMAT workers for more than three decades. Please call 888-748-8529 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with a compassionate Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyer today. Larry Pitt & Associates helps throughout:
What Constitutes HAZMAT?
According to the U.S. General Services Administration, hazardous materials are “Any item or chemical which is a ‘health hazard’ or ‘physical hazard,’ including the following:
- Chemicals that are carcinogens, toxic or highly toxic agents, reproductive toxins, irritants, corrosives, hepatotoxins, nephrotoxins, neurotoxins, agents that act on the hematopoietic system, and agents that damage the lungs, skin, eyes, or mucous membranes;
- Chemicals that are combustible liquids, compressed gases, explosives, flammable liquids, flammable solids, organic peroxides, oxidizers, pyrophorics, unstable (reactive) or water-reactive; and
- Chemicals that, in the course of normal handling, use or storage, may produce or release dust, gases, fumes, vapors, mists or smoke having any of the above characteristics.”
HAZMAT workers are people who handle the removal, cleanup, and transportation of these types of goods. Whether you remove asbestos from old buildings, work in a plant that bottles cleaning supplies, transport gasoline across the country or work with fertilizers or pesticides on a farm – or any number of possible jobs involving dangerous chemicals and substances – you are a HAZMAT worker.
Common HAZMAT-Related Injuries
Philadelphia and its surrounding areas have a large number of HAZMAT workers because we have a large number of varied industries. Our legal team is proud to represent union and non-union employees who work with dangerous chemicals and substances, resulting in:
- Broken bones
- Chemical burns
- Environmental exposure, such as heat stress or cold stress
- Exposure to bodily fluids
- Loss of vision
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Radiation exposure
- Respiratory illnesses such as farmer’s lung, mesothelioma or chronic asthma
- Skin diseases
- Strains and sprains
- Traumatic brain injuries
At Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C., we know the kind of future you face if you do not receive medical attention right away, or if your injury or illness has left you unable to work and to provide for your family. We also know that workers’ compensation benefits – benefits you paid for your entire working life – are designed to help injured workers keep a roof above their families’ heads and to maintain their necessary medical treatments. You can trust us to help you protect your family so you can heal in peace.