Most Common Injuries Covered Under Workers’ Compensation
July 5, 2016
Did you know you could file a workers’ compensation claim in Philadelphia if you were injured because of:
- A work-related auto accident?
- A fall from a ladder, scaffold, roof, or any other area higher than the ground?
- A trip, slip or fall on dangerous walkways, pathways or ground floors
- A sprain or strain caused by simply doing your job – like a nurse wrenching his or her back while lifting a patient, or a cop spraining an ankle while pursuing a suspect?
- Overexertion in the course of your duties?
- An act of workplace violence, such as being injured while your place of business is being robbed, or a teacher sustaining an injury while breaking up a fight between students?
- An object that falls from a shelf or other higher platform and strikes you?
- A piece of defective machinery, or a machinery accident caused by a negligent coworker?
- An accident involving a motorized vehicle that ends up crushing you against a wall, or between two objects?
- Long-term exposure to toxic chemicals or substances, like asbestos, that cause a chronic health condition?
These are just a few of the more common examples of workers’ compensation claims that we have filed over the last 35 years. If you do not see your exact circumstances on the list, don’t panic: the chances are good that if you were hurt while at work, at an offsite-work function, or performing your regular duties as per your job, you will be able to file a claim for benefits.
If you are still unsure whether or not you are eligible, we hope you’ll come visit a Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyer at Larry Pitt & Associates. We have multiple offices in the city and in the surrounding areas, so we are always close by when you need us. To make your appointment, please call 888.PITT.LAW or fill out our contact form. We are proud to serve clients in Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties.