Over 40 Years
Handling Complex Injury Claims For Clients in Reading, PA
Handling Complex Injury Claims For Clients in Bensalem, PA
One of the BEST Workman's Comp Lawyers in Philadelphia. Guided me every step of the way, with the positive and negatives that could happen in my case. So happy I stuck with Larry Pitt & Associates
Answered or returned calls and emails in a timely fashion. The employees at this firm are working for us the employee, not the employers. Very professional.
Best Workman's Comp law firm in the Philadelphia area. 100% happy with the outcome of my case.
Excellent, efficient service!!! Very knowledgeable staff!! Highly recommend
Larry and Phyllis, just want to personally thank you for going the extra mile to help me secure my case. Really appreciate everything you have done for me and my family. The greatest workplace injury lawyer in Pennsylvania!!
Reading Construction Accident Lawyers Providing Strong Representation
Protecting Berks County Employees, Contractors, and Others Injured at Worksites
Construction accidents happen throughout Berks County. Buildings and roads are constantly being built, torn down, and modified. Construction includes building homes and stores, building bridges, installation or repair of roadways, demolitions, and other activities. Employees and workers at these sites have the right to expect that the construction site owners are following the relevant safety laws. They should reasonably expect that the companies they work for use quality equipment and educate them about how the equipment should be used. Drivers and pedestrians near the site have the right to expect that warning signs will navigate them safely around the site.
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we have been fighting for injured workers for more than 35 years. Attorney Pitt is honored to have been named one of the top 100 work injury lawyers by the Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG). WILG fights for the interests of millions of workers and the families of workers. When construction companies put profit before safety, our Reading construction accident lawyers file personal injury claims against negligent owners and product liability claims against manufacturers who made defective equipment and tools. We demand payment for all your pain and suffering, lost income because you can’t work, your medical bills, and more. If someone dies, we bring wrongful death and survival actions on behalf of the worker’s family.
How Construction Accidents Occur
Our Reading construction accident lawyers understand why worksite accidents happen, who is responsible, and what damages you can claim. We work with engineers, architects, product safety experts, financial professionals, and doctors to help prove the value of your claim. Some of the reasons accidents happen at construction sites are:
- Failure to follow Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) laws. OSHA regulates how construction sites are supposed to operate. Some of the areas OSHA regulates are:
- Confined spaces, such as manholes and tanks
- Fall prevention standards
- Electrical power standards
- Trenching and evacuation
- Failure to follow building code standards. These standards regulate many aspects of construction, such as the materials that should be used, when the work should be done, and what electrical, plumbing, lighting, and other conditions must be met.
- Falls from scaffolding and ladders. These workplace structures should be inspected before use. The workers should understand how they are to use these devices. Neither should be used when the weather is inclement or windy. Any unnecessary objects should be removed. Other items, such as cranes and forklifts, should be distanced away from the scaffolding and ladders. Falls from these devices can cause broken bones, spinal cord damage, traumatic brain injury, and other serious or even fatal injuries.
- Vehicle accidents. Most construction work uses trucks to bring in and remove materials, dirt, and other substances. Specialty vehicles, such as bulldozers, loaders, cement mixers, cranes, and forklifts, are often used too. If any vehicle is not steered correctly, not used the right way, or violates any rules of the highways, then the driver and the business that hired the driver can be held responsible
- Chemical spills. Toxic chemicals and hazardous materials that get onto your skin can require multiple surgeries and cause scarring and disfigurement.
- Product defects. Manufacturers of any tool or workplace item that is defective and causes death or injury can be held accountable for the harm they cause. They are strictly liable for damages, meaning you don’t need to prove negligence. Products can be defective if:
- They were designed improperly.
- They were made with poor-quality parts or not according to the design specifications.
- The instructions on how to use them are inaccurate.
Our Reading construction accident lawyers also hold distributors and retailers of defective parts accountable.
Fires, explosions, and electrical accidents are also common at construction worksites. Power lines, loose wires, TNT, and hazardous materials can cause these extreme life-altering accidents.
Don’t Wait to Speak With a Respected Reading Construction Accident Lawyer
Delay can hurt your case. To get workers’ compensation, you need to properly report the accident. You can’t get benefits until you properly process your claim. In personal injury cases, we need to quickly investigate the accident site because construction sites change quickly as the work is being done. At Larry Pitt & Associates, our Reading construction accident lawyers negotiate strong settlements on your behalf and try cases before hearing officers and juries when insurance companies just aren’t making a fair offer. To schedule a free consultation at our Reading office in Berks County, please at 888-PITT-LAW or complete our contact form.