42+ Years of Serving Accident Victims in Pennsylvania
For Injured Pennsylvanians
Car Accident Lawyers in Bensalem, PA
The Experienced Car Accident Attorney You Need
Beautiful and historic Bensalem, PA, is located in Bucks County. It includes the communities of Andalusia, Bensalem, Bridgewater, Cornwells Heights, Eddington, Flushing, Oakford, Siles, Trappe, and Trevose. Like much of Pennsylvania, Bensalem has seen steady growth over the years. As a result, more people are suffering injuries in automobile accidents. This is why it is essential to have a car accident lawyer to protect those involved in motor vehicle accidents.
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we’re your proven choice for car and truck accident lawyers in Bensalem PA. We work with the police, investigators, and product safety experts to determine how the accident happened. In some cases, we work with traffic reconstruction experts. We bring claims against everyone responsible for your injuries, including other drivers and their insurance companies. We demand compensation for your medical bills, therapy, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. The car, truck, and personal injury lawyers at our law firm have decades of experience ensuring your right to compensation is protected.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION WITH LARRY PITT
Fighting to Get Bensalem Accident Victims and Families Every Dollar They Deserve
Dealing with the after-effects of a collision is hard; choosing the right lawyer for your needs shouldn’t be. Larry Pitt & Associates offers comprehensive and aggressive representation to car and truck crash victims in Pennsylvania. Please call 888-PITT-LAW or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Philadelphia traffic accident lawyer today. We are proud to serve clients throughout:
Types of Bensalem Car Crash Cases We Handle
At Larry Pitt & Associates, our car and truck accident lawyers in Bensalem represent victims injured in all types of car accidents, including:
- Head-on accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Multiple-car crashes
- Rear-end collisions
- Single-car accidents
- Hit and run
Car accident claims can be complex and that is why it is essential to have car accident lawyers with experience managing a car accident lawsuit. The car accident attorneys at Larry Pitt & Associates know how to deal with insurance companies, file cases in a timely manner, work with motor vehicle accent experts, and doctors and ultimately negotiate a car accident settlement or litigate your case in court. The goal is to make you whole after suffering significant injuries in a car accident and recovering the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Car Accidents in Bensalem
Car accidents happen on I-95, Route 1, Street Road, and other Bucks County highways due to the following types of negligent actions:
- Driving while distracted driving Teens and adults often cause accidents because they texted while driving, were talking on their smartphones, looked at a GPS system instead of traffic, or took their eyes off the road to eat, groom themselves, or for other reasons.
- Failure to obey traffic laws Drivers who speed, fail to merge properly, tailgate, run through a red light, or commit any traffic infraction can be held liable for the harm they cause in an accident.
- Speeding Driving above the speed limit or too fast for road conditions reduces a driver’s ability to react to unexpected situations, increases stopping distances, and magnifies the severity of accidents.
- Intoxicated driving Drivers who have a blood alcohol content of .08 or higher are presumed to have driven while intoxicated. Drivers who drive while drunk or under the influence of narcotics are dangerous and must be held accountable if they cause a crash.
- Fatigued Driving Driving while fatigued or drowsy can impair a driver’s ability to stay alert, react quickly, and maintain control of the vehicle.
- Inexperienced Drivers Lack of experience, particularly among young or newly licensed drivers, increases the likelihood of accidents due to inadequate skills and judgment.
- Product or vehicle defects If the brakes fail, the steering doesn’t work, the fuel tank explodes, or other car parts malfunction, then we demand that the manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of the defect pay your economic losses and for your pain and suffering.
- Poor Road Conditions Inadequate road maintenance, potholes, uneven surfaces, or lack of proper signage can contribute to accidents.
There can be any number of other causes of an auto accident as well as persons or entities that may be liable. For example, if a restaurant or bar served a patron alcohol while he/she was visibly intoxicated and then that person causes a car accident, the business can be liable under Pennsylvania’s dram shop law. Due to the nature of motor vehicle accidents, it is imperative for a person injured in a car accident to have experienced Pennsylvania car accident lawyers. The damage from an auto accident cannot be undone, but ensuring a better future – one where the injured are compensated for personal, economic, and non-economic damages – will be the goal of your Philadelphia car accident lawyer. Our Bensalem car accident lawyers can help you determine the cause of the crash and who may be liable. Having an accident attorney by your side as soon as possible is the best way to protect your rights after suffering serious injury. Holding the negligent driver responsible under Pennsylvania law, in and out of court, is our goal. Our priority is getting you back on your feet physically, emotionally and financially.
Causes of Truck Accidents in Bensalem
Our Bensalem truck accident attorneys fight for passengers, other drivers, and pedestrians killed or injured by a truck driver. The size and weight of a truck make these accidents especially dangerous.
Trucks can cause many of the same types of accidents as cars – head-on crashes, sideswipes, rear-end collisions, etc. Semi-rigs, 18-wheelers, and commercial trucks can also cause accidents that are unique to these vehicles, including:
- Accidents due to wide turns
- Cargo spillage
- Overloaded or improperly secured cargo
- Collisions due to blind spots
- Underride accident
- Driver fatigue
- Impaired driving
- Defective truck or parts
- Failure to comply with federal and state commercial truck laws
- Undue pressure or poor supervision by trucking companies.
The cause of the accident, truck or car, is a strong indicator as to what type of injuries are expected. Head-on collisions and truck rollovers, for example, are usually deadly. No matter the type of accident or the extent of the injuries, our legal team is ready to guide you through the legal process.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Car Accidents?
Car accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Driver negligence, such as drunk driving, and speeding
- Poor road conditions
- Mechanical failures or defects in the vehicle
- Dangerous road conditions
- Distracted driving (texting while driving, etc.)
- Drunk driver or impaired driving
- Failure to follow traffic laws
- Weather conditions
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Aggressive driving behavior such as tailgating or sudden lane changes
A car accident lawyer will have knowledge of how a car wreck can occur and what type of personal injury claims you may have to seek compensation. A motor vehicle accident case can be complex especially when there are serious injuries or car accident fatalities.
What Are The Most Common Injuries In A Car Accident?
The most common injuries resulting from a car accident can include:
- Head Injuries – Traumatic brain injuries, concussions, and contusions
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Herniated discs and nerve damage
- Lacerations – Cuts and abrasions caused by broken glass or sharp objects in the vehicle
- Whiplash – Injury to the neck caused by sudden acceleration/deceleration of the head
- Broken Bones – Fractured bones due to blunt force trauma
- Internal Organ Damage – Damage to internal organs due to blunt force trauma
- Soft tissue injuries
If you or your loved ones are car accident victims, it is important to seek medical attention right away and contact an experienced car accident lawyer. Auto accidents can cause serious injuries and even death. You are entitled to seek compensation from the at-fault driver and only an experienced attorney can bring a civil action to collect the money you deserve for your car accident injuries. Larry Pitt & Associates has a team of car accident lawyers experienced with the complexities of a motor vehicle accident case. If you have been in a car wreck, you are going through an emotional and traumatic experience and may not know your rights to sue the at-fault party.
How Much Money Can I Recover In A Car Accident Case?
The amount of money you can recover in a car accident case will depend on the specific facts and circumstances of your particular case. Generally, you may be able to pursue compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
The car accident lawyers are Larry Pitt & Associates are here to help make sure that you receive full compensation for all of your damages. Contact us today if you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident. We are experienced and knowledgeable when it comes to dealing with your own insurance company, the other driver, and their insurance company as well as all the elements that go into making strong car accident cases. We understand how stressful this time can be and we are dedicated to helping our clients get the justice they deserve after an accident. Your case is our priority – let us help fight for
What You Should Do If You Have Been In A Car Accident
If you’ve been in a car accident, it is important to take the following steps:
1. Seek medical attention
It is important to be evaluated by a doctor as soon as possible after an accident, even if you don’t think your injuries are severe. Some types of injuries may not become apparent until days or weeks later and can worsen over time without medical treatment.
2. Contact the police
It is important to contact the police after an accident so that they can document the crash scene and file a report. In an injury accident, a police accident report will help protect your legal rights and ensure that any necessary evidence is collected for your case.
3. Be sure to document everything that occurred
Make sure you obtain the names of any witnesses and collect any photographs. Also make sure to keep copies of medical bills, repair bills, and any other documents related to the accident.
4. Contact an experienced car accident lawyer
An experienced car accident lawyer can help you understand your legal rights, assist with navigating insurance claims, and provide guidance throughout the entire process of pursuing a personal injury claim. At Larry Pitt & Associates, we are committed to helping our clients get the justice they deserve after an accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact our experienced team of lawyers at Larry Pitt & Associates today for a free consultation with one of our car accident lawyers. We are here to help fight for full compensation for your injuries and make sure that your rights are respected every step of the way.
Fighting to Get Bensalem Accident Victims and Families Every Dollar They Deserve
Car and truck accidents cause numerous fatalities and permanent injuries. Even with the best designs, vehicles driven by negligent drivers that are speeding, swerving between lanes, or distracted can mean months, years, or a lifetime of physical and emotional pain for victims of a resulting accident. In many cases, someone other than the driver may also be liable. Owners, trucking companies, parts manufacturers, the County of Bucks, and taverns may also be responsible.
A car crash or truck accident can cause death, spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, broken bones, internal damage, and more. You may lose time from work, have mounting medical expenses, and even permanent disability.
Larry Pitt and his law firm have the car accident lawyer you will need to recover compensation for your personal injuries. They have knowledge of Pennsylvania law, motor vehicle accidents, all types of auto insurance policy issues, and civil litigation. As trial lawyers, our car accident lawyers and personal injury lawyers protect the rights and interests of injured victims.
What Our Clients Say
Philadelphia Car & Truck Accident FAQs
When you live in a city like Philadelphia, you’re surrounded by cars and people at all times. As far as the law is concerned, the leading cause of a serious car accident is “negligence.”
In a car accident case, you will have to prove that your injuries are the result of the negligent behavior of another driver or another person or entity, such as a manufacturer.
A car accident can happen any time – day or night – and for any number of reasons. Philadelphia car accidents are often the result of:
- Driving aggressively (road rage)
- Failing to obey traffic signals
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving e.g. using a mobile device (texting, talking, emailing)
- Adjusting the radio or GPS/Maps
- Grooming such as shaving or applying makeup
- Adjusting the radio or other music device
- Watching videos
- Interacting with other passengers
- Looking for an object in the vehicle while driving
- Reading or writing
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence (DUI)
- Driver cutting other drivers off
- Drivers are unable to see around blind spots, like double-parked cars or delivery trucks
- Drivers ignoring the laws for crosswalks
- Out-of-staters not knowing the rules of the road
- People cutting into bike lanes
- Stop-and-go traffic patterns
- Trying to “beat” the light, either on the straight-away or around corners
- Wrong-way collisions on one-way roads
- Driving at night
- Driving without a license
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe or illegal turns
- Defect of your vehicle or another’s vehicle
- Negligent maintenance
- Hazardous or dangerous roadway
While this is a fairly comprehensive list, there may be another reason for a car or truck accident. If you have been injured by or while in a vehicle, you may have a car accident claim. Have an experienced Philadelphia car accident attorney evaluate your case.
In any case where the other driver was negligent, you are entitled to recover damages. There are numerous types of car accidents that can occur on the roadways of Philadelphia, however, the common ones are:
- Head-on collision
- Side impact or T-bone crash
- Rear-end collision
- Rollover accident
- Intersection crash
In any of the above crashes, a person may sustain serious injury or even death. There may be economic damages such as medical expenses and lost wages or non-economic damages like emotional distress or pain and suffering.
Your Philadelphia car accident attorneys will evaluate your case, where and how it occurred, and advise you on how to build the strongest case and recover money for your serious injuries.
As an accident victim, you may have suffered severe or even catastrophic injuries leading to economic claims (lost wages, medical bills) or non-economic damages (emotional distress). These are injuries for which you can recover damages including but not limited to:
- Broken bones – Fractures are common in the legs and arms
- Brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries – Rear-end collisions may result in a herniated or ruptured disc
- Broken bones
- Sprain, strains and soft tissue damage
- Mental or emotional anguish – The severe physical pain from a motor vehicle accident can cause long-lasting emotional harm.
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Wrongful death
A Philadelphia car accident attorney will be best able to evaluate your case and determine, based on the facts and circumstances, what kind of car accident claim you may have under Pennsylvania law for your physical pain, medical bills, medical treatment, and non-economic damages.
There is no simple answer to this question. Each case has to be evaluated by an experienced car accident attorney in order to determine the potential amount of damages an injured person can recover.
Initially, your Philadelphia car accident lawyer will weigh how severe your injuries were; your age and health at the time of the accident; whether you have a job or not and if you were the sole provider for the family, and how many members you supported; whether you had any fault in the accident; and the amount and type of insurance you have.
In a car accident case, you may be able to recover economic, noneconomic, and punitive damages.
In Pennsylvania, there are two main types of damages: compensatory damages and punitive damages:
- Compensatory damages are designed to make you whole after an accident. You may suffer both economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages will compensate you for financial costs incurred as a result of the accident. The idea is to “make you whole” or in other words, put you back in the financial place you were in before the crash. Such damages would include:
- Present and future medical expenses which include ambulance fees, hospitalization, surgery, medication, medical equipment, surgeries, and doctor visits
- Physical therapy and other necessary and related rehabilitation treatment and costs
- The cost of replacing or repairing damaged property
- Lost Income and wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Temporary or permanent disability
These types of damages are relatively straightforward. So long as they are related to the accident, they are proven by the medical bills and expenses incurred.
Non-economic damages by their nature are more difficult to calculate. This is where pain and suffering and emotional distress are covered. These damages include:
- Loss of ability to work
- Loss of future earnings
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (deprivation of family relationship including affection or personal physical reactions)
- Emotional pain and distress
These damages require a different level of proof than the economic damages as there are no bills to prove the amount. This does not mean the damages are any less real. They require the experience and knowledge of a car accident lawyer. An attorney will have knowledge of how the insurance company may weigh a personal injury claim for these non-economic damages and be able to evaluate what kind of demand they may make and/or argue for in a settlement conference or at a trial.
Punitive damages are designed to punish a person for intentional conduct. This means their conduct that led to your injuries was more than negligent. While punitive damages may not be appropriate in a car accident case, that does not mean your Philadelphia car accident lawyer won’t consider them depending on the facts of your case.
If the person who causes your accident and injuries was operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, drove recklessly, engaged in grossly negligent behavior, or had a willful disregard for the safety of other parties, punitive damages may be awarded. This will be determined by your Philadelphia car accident lawyer and by the court.
When seeking an accident lawyer in Philadelphia or surrounding areas, make certain that this personal injury lawyer has experience in these types of car accident cases. We’ve been handling them for more than 40 years, and we’ve helped countless people by:
- Working with the doctors. We review your medical records, communicate with your doctors, and make sure all of your information is collected for the purpose of building a case.
- Investigating the accident. We’ll speak to witnesses, schedule and take depositions, and review the police records. We’ll also review any footage available, whether that comes from people posting videos on social media, or from traffic and security cameras at local storefronts.
- Look into potential defects. If the truck had, say, defective air brakes or the car was on the recall list, but the part wasn’t available yet from the manufacturer, you may have grounds for a Philadelphia car accident claim against that manufacturer.
- Dealing with the insurance company. Your insurance company doesn’t want to pay you. They want to keep their money. As such, most insurers offer lowball offers hoping you will take it before you have a lawyer. We don’t back down when it comes to negotiating a fair settlement offer. We also don’t force you to take an offer you don’t want, because we are prepared to fight to make you whole.
- Prepare every case for trial. A lot of our clients want to avoid jury trials, but sometimes, that’s the only way to get the insurance companies or other negligent parties to play fair. Because we’re willing to go to trial, our clients often get better settlement offers right from the start. When they don’t, we put our considerable skills to use in a trial setting.
Truck collisions can lead to a lifetime of pain and suffering. They can also leave you with extensive medical bills and the inability to work. We make sure you’re protected at every step. Your job is to recover. Our job is to recover money for the injuries you sustained.
The first thing anyone should do if involved in a car crash is to seek medical treatment. Your health and well-being are paramount.
If you or a family member or other person on your behalf is able, you should follow these general guidelines. It will protect you, make your case stronger and enable your Philadelphia car accident lawyers to better evaluate your case:
- Obtain copies of the police report and ambulance report
- Collect the names of all parties involved
- Collect the names of witnesses
- Call your car insurance company
- Obtain a copy of your medical records
- Journal all facts and details you remember about the accident
- Journal your medical treatment and condition
- Keep all doctor appointments and follow doctor’s orders for recovery and treatment
- Do not speak to the other party’s insurance adjusters
- Do not give a recorded statement to an adjuster or car insurance company
- Do not admit fault to any parties, witnesses, insurance adjusters, or others
- Stay off social media (no comments, photos, or updates on your status)
- Do not repair your vehicle until advised to do so by your personal injury attorney
- Do not sign any documents until you understand them and consulted with an attorney
- Hire an experienced car accident lawyer
Finally, contact Larry Pitt & Associates. An experienced Philadelphia car accident attorney can evaluate your case and ensure that you receive the appropriate compensation for pain, suffering, medical expenses, lost income or wages, loss of enjoyment of life activities and more. Our Philadelphia car accident lawyers know the law, so let us put our knowledge to work for you. Contact us today and schedule a free consultation.
We will review the facts of your case, explain the process, discuss the legal options available to you, and answer any questions or concerns that you may have. You don’t have to go through this process alone. Our experienced car accident lawyers are here to help. We understand the complexities of the car accident system, and we will do our best to fight for you and protect your rights. Contact us today. Let us get started on helping you make things right.
The most common types of truck accidents include rear-ending collisions, side-swipe crashes, jackknife accidents, rollover accidents, underride collisions, and head-on collisions.
You should hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after a car crash. Your car accident lawyer knows Pennsylvania law and can help you understand your legal rights, assess the value of any car accident claims you may have against the other driver, and help you obtain compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other costs related to the accident.
Legal representation will be critical immediately after the accident and moving forward and it’s unlikely you will have the Philadelphia car accident resources personal injury lawyers have.
The top qualities of a car accident lawyer include:
- Knowledge and experience in the field of personal injury law including the rights you have to collect for medical expenses, lost wages, rehabilitation long term care.
- Excellent communication skills to negotiate with insurance adjusters, judges, and other lawyers.
- Analytical thinking skills to assess liability, evidence, and damages resulting from an accident.
- Strong organizational and research abilities to build a strong case. This is critical when negotiating with insurance companies or at trial.
- Compassion for clients to provide support during difficult times.
- Diligence for timely filing of documents and attending court proceedings as needed.
- Ability to work long hours as many cases require extensive preparation and follow-up work