Over 40 Years
Handling Complex Injury Claims For Clients in Reading, PA
Handling Complex Injury Claims For Clients in Reading, PA
One of the BEST Workman's Comp Lawyers in Philadelphia. Guided me every step of the way, with the positive and negatives that could happen in my case. So happy I stuck with Larry Pitt & Associates
Answered or returned calls and emails in a timely fashion. The employees at this firm are working for us the employee, not the employers. Very professional.
Best Workman's Comp law firm in the Philadelphia area. 100% happy with the outcome of my case.
Excellent, efficient service!!! Very knowledgeable staff!! Highly recommend
Larry and Phyllis, just want to personally thank you for going the extra mile to help me secure my case. Really appreciate everything you have done for me and my family. The greatest workplace injury lawyer in Pennsylvania!!
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Reading, PA
Larry Pitt & Associates is your experienced choice for car and truck accident lawyers in Reading, PA. We have been strong advocates for the injured and the families of deceased vehicle accident victims for more than 35 years. We bring personal injury claims on behalf of victims who suffer spinal damage, broken bones, brain injuries, internal bleeding, muscle damage, and any type of physical harm. If a loved one dies, we bring wrongful death claims on behalf of the families. We have obtained many large verdicts and settlements on behalf of injured car occupants and pedestrians.
Fighting for Justice and Compensation for Berks County Accident Victims and Their Families
Data from the 2016 analysis of car and truck accidents by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation shows that adverse weather caused nearly 20 percent of vehicle accidents; part defects and poorly maintained vehicles caused about 2,500 crashes; more than 2,000 crashes occurred in work zones; and poorly maintained roads and objects in the road caused thousands of accidents.
These are just some of the causes of the 129,000 crashes that occurred on Pennsylvania roads in 2016. Driver negligence and recklessness accounted for the bulk of the crashes.
Understanding the Main Causes and Types of Car Accidents
Drivers on I-176, U.S. Route 422, PA Route 61, the Warren Bypass, and every road in our county and state are in danger of having an accident at any time.
Some of the main causes of car accidents are:
- Careless driving. Driving without considering bad weather, traffic, or the roads is negligent.
- Driving while distracted. Teens and adults who text while driving, talk on their smartphones, eat, or take their hands and eyes off the road for any reason place their passengers and other drivers at risk for death and serious injury.
- DWI/DUI. Drivers who operate their car while drunk or under the influence of narcotics do not have control of their vehicles.
- Not obeying the traffic laws. Speeding, tailgating, passing improperly, and other violations can easily cause a car crash.
Poorly designed or manufactured steering wheels, tires, brakes, fuel tanks, and other defective car parts can cause a serious or fatal car accident. Poorly designed roads or roads that aren’t maintained, especially in snow and ice, can endanger anyone on the road. Bars, restaurants, and anyone who serves a drink to someone who is visibly intoxicated can also contribute to car accidents.
Cars can crash or collide in different ways. The way the accident happens often controls who is at fault and what damages should be paid. Common accident types are:
- Head-on collisions
- Intersection accidents
- Multiple-car crashes
- Rear-end collisions
- Single-car crashes
- Two-car crashes
Our car and truck accident lawyers in Reading work with the police, investigators, and engineers to determine how the accident happened and who’s responsible. We hold all responsible parties liable for the injuries and deaths they cause.
Causes of Truck Crashes
Our Reading truck accident lawyers represent injured accident victims and the families of deceased victims. Truck accidents happen for many of the same reasons and in many of the same ways as car accidents. However, some of the unique reasons for truck accidents are:
- Truck drivers are often fatigued because they often drive all day and night.
- Many trucking companies unduly pressure their drivers to make deliveries faster than is safe.
- Truck drivers are easily distracted due to the loneliness of long-distance driving.
- Truck drivers can lose control easier because cargo is not secured.
- Trucks are tougher to steer through turns because their center of gravity is different from cars.
- Truck drivers and trucking companies, in general, are required to follow the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations and Pennsylvania trucking regulations.
- Trucking companies and drivers may fail to properly inspect trucks.
- The trucking company may fail to properly educate its drivers about how to operate the truck and the correct safety regulations.
Truck crashes are often more dangerous than those just involving cars because of the size and weight of the truck. In addition:
- Trucks tend to roll over more than cars.
- Trucks can jackknife.
- Trucks can spill their cargo, causing multi-vehicle crashes.
- Cars can ride under a truck after an accident occurs.
Our lawyers can help you determine the cause of your truck accident and hold the appropriate parties responsible.
Get Help From Experienced Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Reading – Contact Larry Pitt & Associates, P.C. Today.
Insurance companies and trucking companies will have experienced lawyers who will deny their client is responsible for your injuries or a loved one’s death. They will seek to minimize the amount of your damages. You need experienced car and truck accident lawyers in Reading who understand how to prepare your case for trial and who can anticipate and counter the arguments defense lawyers make.
To speak with experienced our lawyers, please call Larry Pitt & Associates at (888) PITT-LAW, or complete our contact form to schedule your free consultation at our Reading office in Berks County. Don’t wait…get started today.