42+ YEARS OF SERVING BRAIN INJURY VICTIMS IN PENNSYLVANIA
For Injured Pennsylvanians
PHILADELPHIA BRAIN INJURY LAWYERS
Traumatic brain injuries are tragically all too common. A person of any age can suffer a severe brain injury in a fall accident, car accident, sports activity, or in any number of ways that the head and brain can suffer harm. The Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania reports the following statistics:
- 529,200 Pennsylvanians are living with acquired brain injuries
- 98,000 new traumatic brain injuries each year
- 86,240 Emergency Room visits for brain injury per year
- 18,788 hospitalizations from brain injury (TBI)
- 2,078 die from a brain injury each year
The Pennsylvania Department of Health provides even more data on just how widespread head injuries are. The Department’s 2020 report reveals, in addition to the above, that over 17,000 PA children (19 or under) have sports-related brain injuries.
HAVE YOU OR A LOVED ONE SUFFERED BRAIN AND HEAD INJURIES?
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we are immensely proud of our history of serving injury victims in Pennsylvania for over 42 years. Our dedicated team of attorneys specializes in various areas of personal injury law, with a notable focus on brain injury cases. Our commitment to fighting for the rights of injured Pennsylvanians has resulted in the recovery of millions in compensation, assisting our clients to cope with medical bills, lost wages, and other financial burdens resulting from their personal injuries.
Our lawyers understand the complexities involved in brain injury lawsuits. Brain injuries are often life-altering, with victims faced with a long road of rehabilitation, medical treatment, and personal adjustment. We recognize the emotional, physical, and financial strain this places not only on the victims but also on their families.
That’s why we are dedicated to tirelessly pursuing justice for our clients, seeking the maximum compensation they are entitled to under the law. We bring to the table a wealth of experience, legal knowledge, and a robust network of professional resources to strengthen our client’s cases. We remain firmly committed to providing compassionate and effective legal representation for brain injury victims within the Philadelphia area and beyond.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION WITH LARRY PITT
CONTACT A PHILADELPHIA BRAIN INJURY LAWYER FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
If you or a loved one has suffered a head injury or traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of another, and believe you have a legal claim, contact Larry Pitt & Associates today. We offer a free consultation to review your brain injury case and help you understand your legal options for a personal injury lawsuit. Call us now at 888-PITT-LAW to schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team. We are proud to serve clients throughout:
COMMON ACCIDENTS THAT CAN RESULT IN BRAIN INJURIES
Brain injuries can occur from a variety of accidents, including car accidents, slip and fall accidents, workplace incidents, and medical malpractice. These types of accidents are often caused by the negligence or carelessness of others and can result in severe brain trauma for the victim.
Some common accidents that can result in brain injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Falls from heights or on slippery surfaces
- Workplace accidents, such as construction site incidents or industrial accidents
- Medical errors, including surgical mistakes and medication errors
- Sports-related injuries, particularly in high-contact sports like football and hockey
The aftermath of these accidents can lead to serious, long-term consequences that can profoundly impact a person’s quality of life. The mental, emotional, and physical toll of a brain injury can be overwhelming, not to mention the financial burden that often accompanies ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation.
TYPES OF BRAIN INJURIES
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a blanket term for any type of brain injury, ranging from mild concussions to severe and permanent damage, such as those listed above. There are many types of brain injuries that can occur as a result of an accident or negligence. These include:
- Concussions: Often caused by a blow to the head, concussion symptoms may range from mild traumatic brain injury to serious brain damage and can lead to long-term health issues if not treated properly.
- Contusions: This type of injury involves bleeding in the brain tissue and can be dangerous if left untreated.
- Coup-contrecoup injuries: This type of injury occurs when a blow to the head causes damage on both sides of the brain, where the impact occurred and on the opposite side.
- Penetrating brain injuries: These are typically caused by objects penetrating through the skull and into the brain tissue, causing serious damage.
- Diffuse axonal injuries (DAI): This type of brain injury occurs when the brain shifts and rotates inside the skull, causing nerve fibers to tear and damage brain tissue.
- Traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage: This type of injury is caused by bleeding in the brain due to a ruptured blood vessel.
- Hypoxic brain injuries: These are caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain, which can lead to severe and permanent damage if not addressed promptly.
It is important to seek medical attention immediately if you or a loved one has experienced any type of brain injury, even if symptoms do not appear severe. Prompt treatment can prevent further damage and potentially save lives. At Larry Pitt & Associates, our Philadelphia brain injury attorneys understand the severity and long-term impact of brain injuries and are dedicated to fighting for our clients’ rights.
RECOVERING COMPENSATION FOR BRAIN INJURY VICTIMS
The costs associated with a brain injury can be overwhelming, both financially and emotionally. That is why it is crucial to seek compensation from those responsible for your injury. Our experienced brain injury lawyers have a track record of successfully recovering millions of dollars for our clients in Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania. We will thoroughly investigate your case, gather evidence, and work with medical experts to determine the full extent of your damages. This may include compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Rehabilitation and therapy costs
- Long-term care expenses
- Home modifications for accessibility
Our goal is to ensure that you receive the financial compensation you deserve so that you can focus on your recovery and future well-being. Our team at Larry Pitt & Associates will handle all legal aspects of your brain injury case, including negotiations with insurance companies and representation in court if necessary. We have the experience, skills, and resources to fight for your rights and hold negligent parties accountable.
BRAIN INJURY SYMPTOMS AND LONG-TERM EFFECTS
Brain injuries can range from mild to severe, and symptoms may not always be immediately apparent. Some common symptoms of a brain injury include:
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Nausea or vomiting
- Confusion or disorientation
- Memory loss
- Difficulty concentrating
- Mood swings and changes in behavior
- If you or a loved one is experiencing any of these symptoms following an accident or injury, seek medical attention immediately. Even minor brain injuries can have long-term effects if left untreated, including:
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Cognitive impairment and memory loss
- Depression and anxiety
- Difficulty with speech and language processing
- Personality changes
Recognizing the signs of a brain injury and getting prompt medical attention is crucial for a healthy recovery. However, the journey doesn’t end there. Adapting to life after a brain injury often requires ongoing support, and it’s important to have a reliable legal team in your corner. Larry Pitt & Associates is committed to providing compassionate and comprehensive legal support to brain injury victims, ensuring they receive the compensation they need to move forward with their lives.
PROVING A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM FOR TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURIES
In order to recover compensation in a traumatic brain injury case, you will need to prove that someone else’s negligence caused your brain injury. This will typically require the testimony of a medical expert who can testify about the nature and extent of your brain injuries.
You will also need to prove that your traumatic brain injuries have caused you economic and non-economic damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. The experienced Philadelphia brain injury attorneys at Larry Pitt & Associates can help you gather the evidence you need to prove your brain injury claim and obtain the compensation you deserve.
WHEN TO HIRE A PHILADELPHIA BRAIN INJURY ATTORNEY
If you or a loved one has suffered brain injuries, it is important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. A traumatic brain injury can be a very serious injury with long-term consequences. In addition, an injured person cannot rely on an insurance company for advice. The insurance company is not the victim’s friend. It’s essential that the insurance company deals directly with your brain injury lawyer and their law firm.
The experienced brain injury attorneys at Larry Pitt & Associates can help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your brain injury case. We have successfully represented many Philadelphia brain injury victims, and we can put our experience to work for you.