Philadelphia Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
WE ARE HERE TO FIGHT FOR JUSTICE
Our Personal Injury Law Firm Handles Abuse Claims For Residents of Nursing Homes & Assisted Living Facilities Throughout Philadelphia, PA
The Devastation of Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home abuse and elder abuse are despicable acts that occur every day across the country including right here in Philadelphia. The National Council on Aging reports that “up to five million older Americans are abused every year, and the annual loss by victims of financial abuse is estimated to be at least $36.5 billion.” Making matters worse, this type of abuse is a silent problem that robs older adults of their dignity and security and in some cases even their lives.
Most people have heard the term “Nursing Home Abuse” but do not fully understand what it means when it comes to collecting money for the damages suffered by their loved ones. At Larry Pitt & Associates, we understand that nursing home abuse can take many forms and can leave lasting emotional and physical scars on its victims. We are dedicated to helping our clients get the compensation they need after an elderly loved one has been abused or neglected in a nursing home or assisted living facility. Nursing home abuse includes all claims resulting from physical abuse, psychological abuse, emotional abuse, neglect, financial exploitation, sexual assault or unwanted sexual contact, and even death.
Our Philadelphia nursing home abuse attorneys have decades of experience representing victims of nursing home abuse and helping them pursue justice for themselves and their families. We understand the complexities associated with litigation involving nursing homes, hospitals, and other medical care providers. From analyzing medical records to negotiating with insurance companies, we handle all the legal aspects of obtaining justice for our clients.
Larry Pitt & Associates has been representing nursing home abuse cases in and around Philadelphia, PA for more than 40 years. Our team has the experienced personal injury lawyers you need to evaluate your abuse case, determine your personal injury needs, provide legal representation, manage the insurance claims process, negotiate with the insurance company, and if necessary, file the personal injury cases required to ensure all victims obtain the maximum compensation they are entitled to through the legal process.
Our Philadelphia nursing home abuse lawyers know that these serious injuries are traumatic and life-changing and that the insurance companies play hardball and try to make these nursing home abuse cases go away without them having to pay. This is why anyone who has suffered abuse in a nursing home will need a skilled Philadelphia nursing home abuse lawyer who will fight for their rights in and out of court. If you were hurt by someone else’s actions, we are ready and able to fight for your rights and your future.
What Is Nursing Home Neglect Or Abuse?
The abuse or neglect of an elderly loved one can occur in a nursing home, assisted living facility, or any location where an elderly person is receiving attention or care. The abuse can take many forms, including:
- Physical Abuse – This includes hitting, slapping, shaking and other types of physical harm against the elderly loved one
- Emotional Abuse – This can include verbal threats or insults, humiliation, intimidation, and coercion.
- Lack of Personal Hygiene – unsanitary conditions or poor hygiene
- Mental Abuse – Can be detected by unexplained withdrawal from normal activities, a sudden change in alertness, or unusual depression; strained or tense relationships; frequent arguments between the caregiver and older adult
- Financial Abuse – This involves using the elderly person’s funds or property without their knowledge or consent
- Lack of Adequate Care or Neglect – This occurs when staff or caretakers fail to provide the necessary standard of care
- Medication Errors – Failure to use proper care in the dispensing of medications
- Confinement – This means restraining or isolating an older adult, other than for medical reasons
- Passive Neglect – This is a caregiver’s failure to provide an older adult with life’s necessities, including, but not limited to, food, clothing, shelter, or medical care.
- Willful Deprivation – This means denying medication, medical care, shelter, food, a therapeutic device, or other physical assistance
A nursing home abuse attorney can step in to immediately assist family members who fear their elderly loved one is the victim of abuse. After a free consultation, they can determine if a vulnerable elder is or has been a victim. They have experience dealing with care facilities, the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, and even the federal government.
What Are The Signs of Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect?
If you have a loved one in a nursing home it is important to be aware of the early warning signs and other signs and symptoms that may indicate abuse or neglect. These can include:
- Bruises, cuts, scratches, broken bones, or other marks on the body
- Unusual changes in behavior such as fear, agitation, or withdrawal
- Poor hygiene
- Sudden weight loss or dehydration
- Pressure sores, bed sores, and/or infections
- Unexplained falls or fractures
- Signs of sexual abuse
- Serious illness
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Unusual financial activity such as large withdrawals from accounts
If you are concerned that a loved one has been a victim of nursing home abuse, contact Larry Pitt & Associates for more information and to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced nursing home abuse attorneys. We will investigate the claim and help you get the justice and compensation that your loved one deserves.
Who Are The Abusers of the Elderly?
Sadly elder abuse can be perpetrated by almost anyone who is in the position of caretaker for older adults. This means even a family person can be guilty of elder abuse.
In a nursing home or assisted living facility, the legal duty to provide care to a family member or other residents fall on the nursing home employees including staff, nurses, caretakers, and even the corporation that operates the facility. Nursing home neglect lawyers are best able to evaluate the circumstances of the elder abuse and determine who is responsible and what type of nursing home abuse claims the elderly person and/or family members have for which they can collect money damages to cover medical treatment, medical bills, a move to other care facilities, and in the worst case, funeral expenses if there is a wrongful death lawsuit.
Why Hire Larry Pitt & Associates For Your Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect Case
If your loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse, it’s important to hire an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer who will fight for your rights and help you get the compensation you need.
- Experienced lawyers who understand nursing home abuse cases
- Proven track record of success in nursing home abuse cases
- Compassionate representation to help you get the justice you deserve
- A dedicated legal team that fights for your loved one’s rights
- Knowledgeable attorneys with years of experience in personal injury law
- Comprehensive understanding of Philadelphia, PA laws regarding nursing home abuse
- Personalized support throughout the duration of your case from experienced professionals
- Access to a wide network of resources and experts to ensure maximum compensation for injuries suffered
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we understand how difficult it can be to pursue legal action after finding out your loved one has suffered from nursing home abuse. Our team of experienced nursing home abuse attorneys is here to make sure that you get the justice and compensation that your loved one deserves. We will work with you every step of the way to ensure their rights are protected and that all responsible parties are held liable for their negligence.
Protecting Nursing Home Residents From Abuse & Neglect
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we are dedicated to protecting nursing home residents and their families. We will investigate the facts of your case, evaluate any claims of negligence by the nursing home, review medical records and other evidence, and determine if a valid claim can be made against the responsible parties. We understand that victims of abuse and neglect can suffer severe physical, emotional, and financial damage. Our Philadelphia nursing home abuse lawyers will fight for justice and the full compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been hurt due to nursing home abuse, neglect or exploitation don’t wait any longer – contact Larry Pitt & Associates today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced nursing home abuse attorneys. Our attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and resources to fight for your rights and get you the justice you deserve. We are here to help.
Our Philadelphia Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Will Fight For You
At Larry Pitt & Associates, we understand the hardship that nursing home abuse can cause and we are here to make sure you get the justice and compensation that you deserve. Our experienced legal team is dedicated to holding negligent parties accountable so that your loved one can receive the care and support they need. We will use our years of experience in personal injury law to fight for you and make sure that your rights are protected. Contact us today for a free case evaluation and to learn more about how we can help. We look forward to speaking with you and helping you get the justice and compensation your loved one deserves.