Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Media, PA
Ask Our Workplace Accident Attorneys for Help if You’ve Suffered Injuries in Media, PA
Suffering injuries in a workplace accident can leave you with high medical bills and accumulating lost wages from being out of work for an extended period of time. Particularly serious or catastrophic injuries may leave you unable to work for months or even years. Some injured workers may never be able to return to work in the same capacity. While workplace injuries create this hardship on an individual, they also impact an entire family, making it hard to pay monthly bills or everyday household expenses. When this happens, injured workers should turn to an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer in Media, PA, for help.
Pennsylvania was one of the pioneer states to develop some of the first workers’ compensation laws in 1915. While the law has evolved with the times, the intent and impact behind it are the same. Injured workers are entitled to compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and certain types of disability due to workplace accidents occurring in Pennsylvania. The WC system is still no-fault, meaning that injured workers do not have to establish that an employer or co-worker was negligent in causing their injuries. This allows for a fast, clean, and orderly administration of benefits for workers.
What Compensation May I Be Entitled to in a Pennsylvania WC Claim?
Workers’ compensation offers injured workers medical bills, two-thirds (2/3s) of lost wages, and certain temporary or total disability payments. In the event that an injured worker needs specialized training or retraining, in some instances, WC may cover these expenses. In catastrophic accidents resulting in wrongful death, WC may provide a family with death benefits.
Common Examples of Workplace Injuries Covered By Workers’ Compensation
Many different types of accidents and injuries could be caused by a workplace accident. Generally, any work-related injury or illness will be covered by WC insurance. Some of the most common examples include the following:
- Slip, Trip, and Falls – whether on a wet floor, snow and ice, defects on the floor, or debris/garbage on the floor, injured workers suffering a slip and fall or trip and fall at the workplace will likely be entitled to WC benefits.
- Falls from a Height – falling from a height is common for contractors, laborers, utility workers, and construction workers. But any individual who falls from a ladder, scaffolding, loft, stool, or any other elevated position while in the scope of employment will be covered by WC benefits.
- Hit by an Object – workers who are struck by a falling object such as in construction, off a self, off a truck, or in any other situation could receive WC benefits.
- Crushed/Caught in-betweens – injuries where an individual is crushed or caught in-between could be very serious and frequently happen in many different types of professions. Workers injured in these types of accidents may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries – repetitive strain issues causing back injuries, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, or more commonly known carpal tunnel syndrome may all be covered by WC benefits in Pennsylvania.
Injured in a Workplace Accident? Call A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Media, PA For Help Today.
Handling your own workers’ compensation claim can be daunting, especially if you have been seriously injured. A workers’ compensation lawyer in Media needs to understand the law and what courts will expect, and how to prepare evidence. This is particularly true if you have any pre-existing injuries or prior if there are questions about whether your injuries or illness are related to your employment at all. If you or a loved one were injured at work in Media, PA, ask our experienced workplace accident attorneys at Larry Pitt and Associates for a FREE consultation to learn how we can help you by dialing (888)-PITT-LAW or (877) 748-8529, or by using our easy-to-use contact us box available here.