What are the Top 5 Reasons for Hiring a Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
June 8, 2015
Here are the top five reasons for hiring a Philadelphia workers’ compensation attorney to represent you as you file for benefits or appeal an adverse ruling:
- Your work-related injury is severe enough to require surgery. If your workplace injury is severe and your doctor is not confident that you will recover to the condition you were in prior to the accident, you may end up qualifying for a permanent partial disability award from workers’ compensation.
- You want to appeal your employer’s decision or the decision of the state workers’ compensation division. If your employer’s insurance company denies your claim, or if the settlement offer is not sufficient to cover your medical bills and lost wages, you can appeal the judge’s decision with the help of a competent workers’ compensation attorney.
- You are denied medical benefits. You will need the help of a knowledgeable workers’ comp attorney who has helped countless others appeal a denial of workers’ compensation benefits.
- Your boss retaliates against you because you filed for workers’ compensation. If you feel as if your boss might be retaliating against you in any way – cutting your hours, reducing your pay, demoting you or not allowing you to advance in your job – because you filed a workers’ comp claim, then it makes sense for you to hire an experienced workers’ compensation attorney who will take the appropriate action on your behalf.
- You are considering filing a third party claim. If your workplace injury was caused by a piece of defective equipment, or maybe you had an accident on a client’s premises that was caused by negligence, you might be able to file a negligence lawsuit against the responsible party. The settlement offer you receive from the civil action almost always exceed what workers’ compensation will pay. Once you reimburse your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company, you are entitled to keep whatever is left over from the settlement.
If you have suffered work-related injury, you are welcome to contact the Philadelphia workers’ compensation attorneys at Larry Pitt & Associates. Make an appointment today at one of our offices serving Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties.